"One Thing" #4 is to...
SPECIALIZE IN SOMETHING
Or more specifically...become an expert of something. It's kinda hard when you're new online and there are opportunities everywhere you click, or perhaps you're not quite sure of all the opportunities that you have at your fingertips. But whatever you do, learn it...and learn it well.
I personally think that learning to write is a great first skill if you are in that position - there are so many different directions you can go, so many opportunities for someone who has mastered the art of writing. However it isn't the only way you can spend you time.
- Video Marketing,
- Mailing Lists & getting people to sign up - for Facebook, Twitter, blog followers, YouTube etc
- Building websites for other people,
- Domain, blog or website flipping
- Backlinking campaigns
- PPC (Pay Per Click)
Many new marketers stumble from one thing to the next without ever really grasping onto something that they can excel at. Start with the basics of Internet Marketing, master that skill or knowledge and then - if it pleases you to do so - move onto the next one.
The very stock standard things that every newbie encounters in their learning curve:
- Keywords & how to make the most of them
- HTML, META tags & othe techy basics (hosting, DNS, etc)
- The art of article writing - PLR, sales letters, and a LOT of other opportunities come from this skill
- Article spinners
- Researching the competition
- Getting to know Google - the way it scrutinizes sites and how it works
- Understanding niches and how to target them
Two tasks today then, depending on your background...
If you are an experienced Internet Marketer - make a commitment of an hour per day to becoming the expert of something.
If you're a newbie to the world of Internet Marketing - make a commitment of an hour a day to learning & mastering the skills required of IM'ing.